August 29th - September 4th - Challenge Week!
Finals September 9th - 12th.
Final Broadcast TBA.
- Qualifier dates: August 29th 12 pm noon PST to September 5th at 6 pm PST.
- Qualifier challenges: VAL QUALIFIER 1 & 2, songs will be OST only (no DLC) and will be announced when the challenge opens.
- Two highest scores added together for the final score.
- Challenges will be set for RHYTHM MODE with NO MODIFIERS at MASTER difficulty.
- Access Challenges via the tab in the Leaderboards panel, each prize pool will be in its own Leaderboard. PCVR and Quest combined, with PS VR separated as per PlayStation requirements.
- Top 4 players will move on from qualifiers for PCVR and Quest for a single elimination final 4 bracket. 3rd place match will be played.
- Top 4 players will move on from PSVR for a single elimination final 4 bracket. 3rd place match will be played
- Finals September 9th-12th
- Finals for top 4 will be played in a multiplayer room. Players must record their footage from their POV of the match.
- Once to the final 4 VAL will coordinate the final 4 of each bracket to schedule the final matches. This will be scheduled and coordinated via discord.
The finals will have different recording and other spectating rules TBD. In general, players should expect to have their matches broadcast and casted over!
CASUAL PLAYERS RULESET /GLEAM CONTEST for the Quest 2!
- Compete in the Summer Games two Challenges week!
- Week 1 is the 21st through the 28th
- Week 2 is the 29th through the 4th
- Register using the gleam contest and follow along with the content creator for more actions.
- Earn the most points for submitting a screenshot of your Summer Games Synth Riders Challenge.
- The content creator will set a score you can see.
- All entries increase the chance of winning the Quest 2 Giveaway for Synth Riders.
- Access Challenges via the tab in the Leaderboards panel, Look for the VAL Play Along Challenges visible in game - four difficulties will be set weekly, including some modifier play! Players can choose any or all of the challenges that they like
- Week 1 and Week 2 songs TBA when they open, but will not be DLC songs to make sure it’s open to all players.
- Compete in the Summer Games “Fitness Circuit” with YUR!
- Points will be collected and coordinated directly through the YUR app.
- Fitness Circuit workouts start the 21st, more details to come.
- Submit screenshots of workouts for additional gleam entries as well.
- Complete the total fitness circuit from the games from Synth Riders, Creed: Rise to Glory, VRworkout, Gym Masters, Blaston, In Da Hoop, Vzfit, Player 22 for the most points.
Additional Detailed Rules
- Players will complete 2 songs in Master difficulty, Rhythm mode for the qualifiers.
- Simple leaderboard verification through in game leaderboards players will be matched by with their usernames by registering through valvr.com
- Players may attempt each song as many times as they wish within the qualifiers
- Players may compete with ANY VR headset on which Synth Riders is currently supported (Oculus, Vive, Valve, PSVR, Quest etc.)
- Using glitches, exploits, and other methods such as pause abusing, may result in disqualification.
- VAL reserves all right to ask for photo, video, screenshot or other proof of scores before winners are determined at home as well as implement any other anti-cheat methods. Recording your results via video and/or screenshots is thus highly recommended, however not mandatory (except in the finals which will be mandatory)
- No game modifiers outside of those specified in the Play Along Challenges.
Looking for help on how to find and access challenges? Look for help on the VAL or Synth Riders discord.
For any general guidelines and rules please feel free to review the following link:
Terms & Service Payment dates deadlines, code of conduct